If you ask my husband he would tell you that there is one thing I am always fixated on and can not stop talking about. Traveling and where we should go next. He thinks that I would go anywhere and that there are no destinations safe from my wish list (he’s right). Unfortunately we can not realistically travel 24/7 like we would like so I have compiled a list of some ways to get the vacation feels at home!
Ways to get the Vacation Feels at Home
The beach in front of Mama’s Fish House, Paia, Fuji400h
- Have themed cuisine nights where you cook the traditional foods of places you wish you were visiting, or where you have visited!
- Read travel memoirs and get lost in places you have never been. My favorite travel memoir is “A Year In The World” by Frances Mayes. I also love to look at travel blogs!
- Fill your home with photos of your travels.
- Listen to the traditional music of places you wish to go.
- Create spaces in your home or yard that remind you of your favorite places.
- Be intentional when buying souvenirs. We like to buy decor that we can put around the home so that we are always reminded of our travels.
- I usually end up having a “signature” cocktail on any given vacation so it is always an instant good feeling to crack open my favorite Greek beer, Mythos, or salty Pacifico on those days when I have a case of Wanderlust.
- Next time you go on vacation bring a new scent with you (lotion or perfume) to use during your trip. When you are home that particular scentwill always bring you good memories and all the feels!
What are some of your favorite ways to get the vacation feels when stuck at home? Leave comments below!